SECTION 1 – GENERAL BUSINESS INFORMATION
1. Provide date of application
2. Provide the Name and Address of the Developer. This must be a Jamaican Business Entity under the Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004)
3. State the name and address of the Authorised Representative. The Authorised Representative is the main contact person who the applicants’ Board of Directors has authorized to file this application and who will represent the company
4. State whether the Jamaica business entity listed as the applicant is a part of a Multi-National Corporation, Joint Venture or Special Purpose business. If yes, please provide the company name that represents the parent company/sponsor of the local entity
5. State whether the applicant is an existing Jamaican Company under the Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004)
6. If yes, please select the form of the articles of incorporation – As per The Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004) form of the articles are:—
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association and certificate of incorporation of the Applicant established as a company limited by shares registered under the Companies Act)
7. State whether the applicant’s firm is a Non-Resident Jamaican Company. A Non-Resident Jamaica Company is defined as a Jamaican Business Entity incorporated as per the Companies Act, 2004 (No Act 10of 2004) without any of the Directors and or Shareholders being Jamaica nationals
8. Provide the applicant’s Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN). The TRN is a unique nine-digit identification number assigned to each individual taxpayer, business enterprise, organization (non-profit, partnership, charity, etc.) by way of an automated system. The TRN is needed to transact business with other institutions e.g. banks, schools, examination boards etc. The number must be used when conducting business transactions with Tax Departments or Government Agencies. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica
9. Provide the applicant’s General Consumption Tax (GCT) Number. A GCT number is issued to all persons engaged in taxable activities who are required to register under the GCT Act. For the purposes of GCT, a person is an individual, a company, or a partnership. A GCT number is issued to all Jamaica Business entities incorporated as per the Companies Act 2004. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica
10. Provide the applicant’s Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) Number. The Tax Compliance Certificate is a document issued to an individual or a company as proof that payments of tax liabilities and wage-related statutory deductions are up-to-date. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the taxpayer-registration number of the Applicant established as a Jamaican Business Entity and, if applicable, the General Consumption Tax (GCT) registration issued by the Tax Administration Jamaica) and the Tax Compliance Certificate, where applicable.
SECTION 2 – SHAREHOLDING/PARTNERSHIP/DIRECTOR INFORMATION
11. State the equity shares capital of the applicant including any amounts from Foreign Direct Investment. Issued or paid-up share capital at the effective date of either a master-concession or licence-agreement must not be less than US$1,500,000.
12. Provide details of each of the Principal shareholders/Directors
13. State the current principal Shareholders/Directors
(Applicants are required to submit an affidavit setting forth all relevant commercial information of the Applicant, including its name, address, nationality, owners, board of directors (or equivalent management committee), auditors, and bankers, as well as the capital-ownership shares of the Applicant)
SECTION 3 – EXISTING/PROPOSED PROJECT BRIEF
14. State whether the applicant is currently an Approved Developer (transitional Free Zone Promoter as per the repealed Free Zone Act). State whether the applicant company already has a Free Zone status either as a Promoter or Approved Enterprise Operator or SEZ Developers Agreement (License Agreement or Master Concession). If yes, provide the name/s of the existing Free Zone location/s or Stand-alone location/s that the applicant operates from
15. State the name/s and location/s of the SEZ/Free Zone entities that the Applicant currently operates
16. Provide a brief description of the applicant’s nature of the existing business/type of Zone. Does the applicant operate a Business Process Outsourcing; Manufacturing; Storage and Distribution; etc.
17. Please provide a unique name the applicant will use as referencing the SEZ, for example, KINGSTON 21 SEZ or KINGSTON INDUSTRIAL PARK etc.
18. Indicate the type of Special Economic Zone the applicant is seeking to register with the Authority.
19. State the distance the proposed SEZ Area will be located from the nearest Seaport; Airport; Major thoroughfare; Rail station and Customs Processing Area. This information provides the Authority with data for the purposes of planning infrastructure demands, traffic management, and public staffing needs for Customs Agency etc.
20. Indicate the land measurement of the proposed SEZ (in hectares).
21. State the applicants’ Ownership/Right Over Land for the proposed SEZ Area.
22. Is the proposed area contiguous to or separated by any thoroughfare? Does the area proposed for the SEZ include any major or parochial roads running through the property?
23. State whether the applicant has previously applied for Free Zone and/or Special Economic Zone status prior to this application and was denied permission. Give a brief description of the nature of the application and reason provided for not being granted the status.
(Applicants are required to submit relevant land-occupancy documents as evidenced by either (i) a certified copy of the certificate of the legal right to land ownership or occupancy, or (ii) a certified copy of a long-term lease agreement the duration of which is at least twenty (20) years or such other period as specified by the Authority, or, alternatively, any documents establishing that the Applicant is in the process of obtaining occupancy rights to the subject land area)
SECTION 4 – PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT PLAN
The applicant is required to submit a Concept Master Plan and Preliminary Land-Use Plan which should have a description of the number of acres of land allocated for the proposed SEZ that is based on a preliminary site survey, including:
Architectural drawings must be certified by a registered architect, engineering drawings must be certified by a professional engineer and site and sub-division plans must be certified by a commissioned land surveyor. Applicant should also provide a preliminary description of the quality, condition, and size of existing infrastructure at or near the site, together with any on-site and off-site infrastructure that the Applicant intends to have constructed at the proposed site. This should include, maps or other abstracts of the subject land area showing all transportation networks and a written statement explaining the general compatibility of the Concept Master Plan and Preliminary Land-Use Plan, including all proposed SEZ construction, with the applicable land-use, urban-planning, zoning, construction, design, strategic environmental assessment, heritage and/ or archaeological impact assessments, landscaping laws and standards
24. Project Development Plan / Site Plan. State whether the applicant will be using an existing building/s and surrounding area for their business as a Single-Entity Developer/Occupant. This would include whether the applicant has leased an entire building or floor/s. It may or may not include the surrounding land areas. A detailed Surveyors Technical Description Report will be required to provide the full description of the area.
25. Green or Brownfield SEZ Development
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of a Surveyor’s Technical Description, Surveyor’s ID Report and Surveyor’s ID including Site Plan)
26. Infrastructure, Facilities and Utilities
– for SEZ Customs Controlled Area is as defined in Section 23 – VI, – land measure of any common area and food & beverage, – land measurement of buffer and green zone areas, – land measurement of the residential area (if any),
SECTION 5 – INVESTMENT AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
27. Proposed Financial/Investment Details
28. State whether the project is funded by local (Jamaican) investors and indicate the proposed value of investment
29. State whether the project is funded by foreign direct investors (FDI) and indicate the proposed value of investment
30. If FDI, state the name and address (home country) of the investors (Sponsor)
31. Provide a brief description of the Sponsors/Developers (local and/or foreign investors) source of funds
SECTION 6 – EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
32. Provide an estimated amount of employment the proposed SEZ development area is likely to be generated over the first three (3) years of the project.
33. State whether the applicant has previously applied for Free Zone status and/or Special Economic Zone status prior to this application and was denied permission. Give a brief description of the nature of the application and reason provided for not being given the status.
34. The applicant is required to submit additional documents /annexure as per the checklist and should indicate all the documents/annexure that has been submitted with the application.
SECTION 7 – DEVELOPER’S UNDERTAKING
An undertaking that declares the applicants’ assurance that they will fulfil the obligation as set out in the SEZ Act as well as an affidavit, to be witnessed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.