SECTION 1 – GENERAL BUSINESS INFORMATION
1. Provide date of application
2. State the name of the Developer from which your company will be leasing space. This must be a Jamaican Business Entity under the Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004)
3. State the unique name the SEZ Developer uses in reference to the SEZ space in which for which the application is being made
4. State the SEZ Developer’s Control Number as provided by the Jamaica Special Economic Zone Authority
5. State the name and full address of the applicant that intends to operate under the sub-concession lease agreement
6. State the name and address of the Authorised Representative, selected by the company’s Board of Directors, who is authorized to complete the filing of this application and who will act as the company’s representative
7. State whether the Jamaica business entity listed as the applicant is a part of a Multi-National Corporation, Joint Venture or Special Purpose business. If yes, please provide the company name that represents the parent company/sponsor of the local entity
8. State whether the applicant is an existing Jamaican Company under the Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004). An “Existing Business” means, any Jamaican Business Entity that is fully operational and generating revenue before the enactment, adoption, and promulgation of the Special Economic Zone Act and these Regulations, as the case may be
9. If yes, please select the form of the articles of incorporation – As per The Companies Act, 2004 (Act 10 of 2004) form of the articles are:—
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association and certificate of incorporation of the Applicant established as a company limited by shares registered under the Companies Act)
10. Provide the applicant’s Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN). The TRN is a unique nine-digit identification number assigned to each individual taxpayer, business enterprise, organization (non-profit, partnership, charity, etc.) by way of an automated system. The TRN is needed to transact business with other institutions e.g. banks, schools, examination boards etc. The number must be used when conducting business transactions with Tax Departments and other Government Agencies. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica website
11. Provide the applicant’s General Consumption Tax (GCT) Number. A GCT number is issued to all persons engaged in taxable activities and who are required to register under the GCT Act. For the purposes of GCT, a person is an individual, a company, or a partnership. A GCT number is issued to all Jamaica Business entities incorporated as per the Companies Act 2004. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica website
12. Provide the applicant’s Tax Compliance Certificate (TCC) Number. Tax Compliance Certificate is a document issued to an individual or a company as proof that payments related to tax liabilities and wage-related statutory deductions are current. For more details see the Tax Administration of Jamaica website
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the Taxpayer Registration Number of the Applicant established as a Jamaican Business Entity and, if applicable, the General Consumption Tax (GCT) registration issued by the Tax Administration Jamaica)
SECTION 2 – SHAREHOLDING/PARTNERSHIP/DIRECTOR INFORMATION
13. State the equity share capital of the applicant including any amounts from Foreign Direct Investment. Provide the value of the shares issued by the company. This amount should include any Foreign Direct Investment in the project in the form of equity capital, other long-term capital, and short-term capital. Issued or paid up share capital at the effective date of either a master-concession or licence-agreement must not be less than US$25,000. Also, investments by the Occupant in the Zone related activities i.e. equipment, machines, facilities improvement etc. must be greater than US$50,000 within the first year of operation
14. Provide details of each of the Principal shareholders/Directors including the name and address of each Principal Shareholders/Directors of the company.
15. State the current principal Shareholders/Directors. A list of the shareholder/s whether they are a person, company or other institution that owns at least one share of the applicant company’s stock. A shareholder may also be referred to as a stockholder.
16. State the name and title/position of the principal officers for the company i.e. General Manager/President, VPs/Directors etc.
(Applicants are required to submit an affidavit setting forth all relevant commercial information of the Applicant, including its name, address, nationality, owners, board of directors (or equivalent management committee), auditors, and bankers, as well as the capital-ownership shares of the Applicant)
SECTION 3 – EXISTING/PROPOSED PROJECT BRIEF
17. State whether the applicant has previously applied for Free Zone and/or Special Economic Zone status prior to this application and was denied permission. Give a brief description of the nature of the application and reason provided for not being granted the status.
18. State whether the applicant is currently an SEZ Occupant (Approved Enterprise transitional Free Zone Promoter as per the repealed Free Zone Act) at any other location or within the existing SEZ. If yes, please provide the name of the existing Free Zone location/s or Stand-alone location/s from which the applicant operates
19. Provide a brief description of the applicant’s nature of existing business/type of Zone i.e. does the applicant intend to operate a Business Process Outsourcing; Manufacturing; Storage and Distribution, etc.
20. State the lot/building number and street address of the SEZ that the Occupant will be operating from and has been presented with a sub-concession lease
21. Indicate whether or not a Surveyor’s technical description was completed and the detail of the boundaries as described by the Surveyor’s ID. (Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of a Surveyor’s Technical Description, Surveyor’s ID Report and Surveyor’s ID including Site Plan)
22. State the applicant’s Ownership/Right Over Land for the proposed SEZ Area. Whether the property is owned or leased. State the length of time that the applicant has right to hold land or property by some form of title from a lessor or landlord
(Applicants are required to submit relevant land-occupancy documents as evidenced by either (i) a certified copy of the certificate of the legal right to land ownership or occupancy, or (ii) a certified copy of a long-term lease agreement the duration of which is at least twenty (20) years or such other period as specified by the Authority, or, alternatively, any documents establishing that the Applicant is in the process of obtaining occupancy rights to the subject land area)
23. If the Occupant is providing a service, state the type of service activities that will be conducted by the applicant. I.e. Third Party Logistics Services (3PL), Trucking, Manufacturing etc. If the Occupant is manufacturing, state the type of products being manufactured i.e. assembly of mobile phones, manufacturing of medical devices etc
24. State the distance from the SEZ that the applicant will be located to the nearest major ports, both sea and air
SECTION 4 – PROPOSED AREA DEVELOPMENT PLAN
25. State the Infrastructure requirement such as Facilities and Utilities of the Occupant:
i. Requirement of land measurement in square metres/hectare
ii. Requirement of built-up area
SECTION 5 – INVESTMENT AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
(Investments in Zone-related buildings, equipment, machines, facilities and other necessary assets during the first year of the sub-concession must not be less than US$50,000)
SECTION 6 – EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
27. Provide the estimated amount of employment the proposed SEZ Occupant is likely to generate over the first five (5) years of the operation
SECTION 7 – OCCUPANT’S UNDERTAKING
The Occupant is required to acknowledge their understanding and assurance that they will fulfill the obligation as set out in the SEZ Act as well as an affidavit, to be witnessed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.
SECTION 8 – DEVELOPER’S UNDERTAKING
The SEZ Developer is required to give an undertaking that declares the applicant’s assurance that they will fulfill the obligation as set out in the SEZ Act as well as an affidavit, to be witnessed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.