SECTION 1 – GENERAL BUSINESS INFORMATION
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the memorandum and articles of association and certificate of incorporation of the Applicant established as a company limited by shares registered under the Companies Act)
(Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of the Taxpayer Registration Number of the Applicant established as a Jamaican Business Entity and, if applicable, the General Consumption Tax (GCT) registration issued by the Tax Administration Jamaica)
SECTION 2 – SHAREHOLDING/PARTNERSHIP/DIRECTOR INFORMATION
14. State the equity share capital of the applicant including any amounts from Foreign Direct Investment. Provide the value of the shares issued by the company. This amount should include any Foreign Direct Investment in the project in the form of equity capital, other long-term capital, and short-term capital.
15. Provide details of each of the Principal shareholders/Directors including the name and address of each Principal Shareholders/Directors of the company.
16. State the current principal Shareholders/Directors. A list of the shareholder/s whether they are a person, company or other institution that owns at least one share of the applicant company’s stock. A shareholder may also be referred to as a stockholder.
17. State the name and title/position of the principal officers for the company i.e. General Manager/President, VPs/Directors etc.
(Applicants are required to submit an affidavit setting forth all relevant commercial information of the Applicant, including its name, address, nationality, owners, board of directors (or equivalent management committee), auditors, and bankers, as well as the capital-ownership shares of the Applicant)
SECTION 3 – EXISTING/PROPOSED BUSINESS PLAN
18. State whether the applicant has previously applied for Free Zone and/or Special Economic Zone status prior to this application and was denied permission. Give a brief description of the nature of the application and reason provided for not being granted the status.
19. State whether the applicant is currently an SEZ Occupant (Approved Enterprise transitional Free Zone Promoter as per the repealed Free Zone Act) at any other location or within the existing SEZ. If yes, please provide the name of the existing Free Zone location/s or Stand-alone location/s from which the applicant operates
20. Provide a brief description of the applicant’s nature of existing business/type of Zone i.e. does the applicant intend to operate a Business Process Outsourcing; Manufacturing; Storage and Distribution, etc.
21. State the lot/building number and street address of the SEZ that the Zone User will be operating from and has been presented with a sub-concession lease
22. State the Surveyors Identification Number and the detail of the boundaries as described by the Surveyors ID. (Applicants are required to submit a certified copy of a Surveyor’s Technical Description, Surveyor’s ID Report and Surveyor’s ID including Site Plan)
23. State the applicants’ Ownership/Right Over Land for the proposed SEZ Area. Whether the property is owned or leased
(Applicants are required to submit relevant land-occupancy documents as evidenced by either (i) a certified copy of the certificate of the legal right to land ownership or occupancy, or (ii) a certified copy of a long-term lease agreement the duration of which is at least twenty (20) years or such other period as specified by the Authority, or, alternatively, any documents establishing that the Applicant is in the process of obtaining occupancy rights to the subject land area)
24. If the Occupant/Zone User is providing a service, state the type of service activities will be conducted by the applicant. I.e. Business Process Outsourcing, Third Party Logistics Services (3PL) , Trucking, Customs Broker etc.
25. If the Occupant/Zone User is manufacturing, state the type of products being manufactured i.e. assembly of mobile phones, manufacturing of medical devices etc;
26. State the distance from the SEZ that the applicant will be located to the nearest major ports whether sea or air ;
SECTION 4 – PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT PLAN
27. State the Infrastructure requirement such as Facilities and Utilities of the Occupant:
SECTION 5 – INVESTMENT AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
(Investments in Zone-related buildings, equipment, machines, facilities and other necessary assets during the first year of the sub-concession must not be less than US$50,000)
SECTION 6 – EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION
29. Provide an estimated amount of employment the proposed SEZ Occupant is currently or estimated to employ for is likely to be generated over the first five (5) years of the operation.
SECTION 7 – ZONE USER’S UNDERTAKING
The Occupant/Zone User is required acknowledge their understanding and assurance that they will fulfill the obligation as set out in the SEZ Act as well as an affidavit, to be witnessed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.
SECTION 8 – DEVELOPER’S UNDERTAKING
The SEZ Developer is required to give an undertaking that declares the applicants’ assurance that they will fulfill the obligation as set out in the SEZ Act as well as an affidavit, to be witnessed in the presence of a Justice of the Peace or Notary Public.