WHO ARE WE?
The Jamaica Special Economic Zone Authority (JSEZA) is the Agency of the Government of Jamaica responsible for facilitating the development of and promoting investments in Special Economic Zones (SEZs) in Jamaica. The JSEZA was established in 2016 under the Special Economic Zones Act.
The goals of the Authority are to:
- Regulate and supervise SEZs through the administration, issuance of guidelines and directions to developers, occupants and zone users in relation to the SEZ Act
- Provide a policy direction for the development and sustainability of Jamaica’s economy through the administration of Special Economic Zones
- Attract new and diverse investments in the Special Economic Zones
- Establish efficient investor and business facilitation one-stop service
The operations of JSEZA will seek to:
- Grow the Jamaican economy through investments and job creation
- Make Jamaica a major player in the global logistics chain
- Take a collaborative approach to development through partnerships with the Government, international organizations and the private sector, including training institutions
- Ensure the protection of the environment
- Enable persons operating in the Zones to compete effectively
- Promote research and development in the fields of Zone activities